While Richmond is part of the City of Ottawa, we enjoy many of the amenities and services of a city with the charm of a rural community.
- Regular garbage collection occurs on alternate Fridays’ and includes either Blue Box or Black Box recycling. Green Bins are picked up every week. See the City Calendar for pick up dates and details. Still not sure what goes where? Check out the Waste Explorer for specific items.
- OC Transpo services this area. For all route schedules see OCTranspo.com | 613-741-4390.
- The Jock River runs through the village on its way east to the Rideau River at Hearts Desire.
- The Rideau Trail passes through Richmond on its way from Kingston to Ottawa (300 km). It’s part of the Trans Canada Trail.
- We have local sewage treatment; water is from individual or community wells.
- Richmond is the closest community to the Marlborough Forest, which is mostly in Rideau Ward. It has parking, hiking, snowmobile, mountain biking and ski trails. Roads that run though the forest: Dwyer Hill Rd (Reg.Rd.3), Kettles Rd., O’Heil Rd., Roger Stevens Dr., Flood Rd.
- Richmond is in the Rideau River watershed. (Rideau Valley Conservation Authority)